Exposing psychoheresy and its increasing stranglehold on the Church
ABOUT THIS MINISTRY Who are we, and what is psychoheresy?
PsychoHeresy Awareness Ministries, in our 26th year, is a non-profit religious corporation for the purpose of informing and educating Christians about psychoheresy. Psychoheresy is the integration of secular psychological counseling theories and therapies with the Bible. Psychoheresy is also the intrusion of such theories into the preaching and practice of Christianity, especially when they contradict or compromise biblical Christianity in terms of the nature of man, how he is to live, and how he changes.
How do we approach the issues?
The primary purpose of informing Christians about psychoheresy is to encourage them to find Jesus Christ and the Word of God sufficient for matters of life and conduct and to encourage believers to use the Bible to understand humanity, how they are to live, and how they are to confront problems of living. Careful distinctions are made to delineate the area of concern - what constitutes psychoheresy in contrast to what might be benign investigation of behavior.
What do we do?
- We produce the free bimonthly newsletter - PsychoHeresy Awareness Letter - concerning psychoheresies and related topics, such as memory, hypnosis, and various psychotherapeutic theories and therapies. We do the editing and the major writing; however, other people, who are well qualified through their knowledge of Scripture and through their own particular expertise, also contribute articles.
- We examine psychological research and Christian theology as they pertain to guiding principles of living and counseling. This includes study and research having to do with counseling psychology theories and therapies, the efficacy of psychotherapy, the differences between such psychology and Christianity, and the intrinsic problems of attempting to integrate such psychological counseling theories and therapies with the Bible and biblical counseling.
- We provide information concerning the above-stated topics through free eBooks, articles, and position papers on our website. The eBooks are full-length versions of Bobgan books that can be viewed, searched, and printed in Adobe PDF. Most of the articles from 21 years of PAL are posted. The position papers are written by various people with the same qualifications listed for the newsletter articles.
- We provide these resources and other reading materials online for identifying, discerning, and confronting psychoheresy and for encouraging one another in our faith in Christ as our all-sufficient Lord and Savior.
- PsychoHeresy Awareness Ministries does not collect personal data on this website.
PsychoHeresy Awareness Ministries,
4137 Primavera Road,
Santa Barbara, CA 93110